Hair Salon Marketing Ideas
The key to success for a hair salon business is to have a full appointment book and regular repeat customers.
A busy salon with the right pricing strategy will thrive, and robust marketing strategies will continue to feed your sales funnel over time.
If you're struggling to expand or have gaps in your day, then an up to date marketing plan can help. Below are some tips you can immediately use which are all contained in our online package.
Use the following marketing ideas to target potential customers into your salon:
- Use local public relations effectively for special events. For example, you've been in business for ten years, you have celebrity clients, or you're running a promotion or special offer. Journalists will help you craft a story if you have something different to say.
- Utilise discounts and offers liberally. Make use of the local free newspapers that get delivered to homes each week. A simple discount offer is standard, but offering sample products, seasonal gifts, tenth hair cut free all entice prospective customer to try your services.
- Offer your current customers a discount if they introduce a new customer. The new customer should also be offered an incentive as part of this "member get member" scheme.
- Utilise your shop window for offers, rather than just have pictures of models. Promotions should have limited numbers, be for a specific time and used throughout the year.
- Work with other local businesses to promote each other's services on a reciprocal basis.
Questions to Answer
Segmenting Your Customers
If you provide services for men and women of all ages, you may want to segment these into groups and locate the most profitable revenue streams. Then you can target specific promotions to the group that generates you most profit.
Most people want to use the products in your salon in their own homes. How many people take the product away with them? Can you improve the percentage of sales in this area? Any additional sales made add 100% profit to your bottom line.
Ask yourself why you're the cheapest or most expensive outlet in your vicinity? Is this strategy encouraging or alienating potential customers? Being the same as the competition won't differentiate your offerings in a crowded marketplace.
Ambience and Goodwill
Offering a cup of coffee and magazine whilst waiting is standard practice, but could you do more to set yourselves apart? Try offering internet access, live TV or even a glass of wine!
Get More Customers Now
Implement all these marketing strategies and more with this comprehensive marketing package for hair salons.
Special offer: £49.95 Only £29.95
- Fully written hair salon marketing plan
- Complete financial plans and forecasts
- 25 promotion and communication strategies
- Marketing planning guide book
- Ongoing support as you need